Sunday, January 6, 2008

Brad's project

After watching our neighbors across the street attempt and fail to build an igloo in their front yard, Brad discovered his own talent in the trade. Once the igloo began he realized this will be his last igloo built by his own two hands. (Too much work) But like any project Brad takes on... it was a success and fully functioning. The three of us can sit inside of it (tightly), it can support the weight of a person (ok, maybe only a little person), and it is about 5 feet high inside. It is made purely of packed snow. I was thinking I might eat lunch inside it sometime, since it will probably be in our backyard until spring.


10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Brad that is a great igloo. I might have to make one myself in my yard. I strive to follow in Brads foot steps (only if Brad could play slump like me) check out my own little front yard mountain range Mount North Logan. The magnitude of this range is dwarfed by the Majestic Mount Wasatch-Ball but it was truely inspired but it. Have a great time in the igloo.

Shane and Becky said...

Any chance I can get a toilet and a magazine rack in there? Let me know and I'll be down. Oh yeah don't forget the diet Coke beverage holder- Shane. Little Brad is jealous and wants to know if when you come up you can instruct him in the proper igloo building codes.

Lauren said...

Impressive igloo. Looks like Parker's cut is healing really quickly! I'm sure it won't be his last trip to the ER... :)

Unknown said...

Wow an igloo, who would have ever thought one could build an igloo in ones own backyard. Nice job Brad--but I have to tell you that at first my mother or maybe grandmother instincts kicked in and I thought BE CAREFUL YOU MIGHT GET BURIED! and then it was
DONT' LET PARKER IN THERE ALONE. Okay, I admit it sounds a bit like "you'll shoot your eye out". Maybe that's because I was born in the 40s. Have fun with your new edifice.

Amanda Hardman said...

That's so cool! Great building Brad!

Kim said...

Nice Job! Looks like Parker is going to have fun this winter! What a place for hide-and-seek.

kgirlsmom said...

Haha that sounds so much like brad! That is amazing! All of us (mainly kaelyn and i ) Tried to build an igloo but it kept falling so brad you will have to teach us some of your mad skills! btw we have a blogspot of our own now it is rossijournal@blogspot.com i think? jill is very proud of it!

Henich Family said...

Torrey and I are both so impressed and think Brad needs to add that hallway and extra room!

Alicia said...

That is the COOLEST thing! Very impressive!