Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I love this KID!

Parker is such a loving and snuggly guy. I love him so much, I just hope he knows. I do my best to take care of him, but lately he seems to be taking care of me. When I was feeling my worst with morning sickness, all I could do was lay on the couch all day and watch him play. So, he adapted, he started to bring me all his toys so I could help him or just crawl up the couch, get under my blanket and just snuggle. He never complained that I was acting like a bump on a log. He just kept showering me with hugs and kisses and even softly played with my hair a couple times. Now that I am doing a little better, he still wants to take care of me. If I am laying down with out a blanket he will go and drag Mommy's big blanket, put it on me and tell me "night night."

Why can't we all love others unconditionally like our little children. Yesterday, I tried to not take my nausea medicine (it didn't go well) so I was eating some chicken noodle soup at our coffee table for dinner. Parker insisted to not just sit on my lap, but totally invade my space so I could barely even get the soup to my mouth. I kept telling him in an annoyed tone..."move over," "Parker, mommy needs a turn, GET OFF" etc... I was getting so bugged that he wouldn't just let me eat in peace. Not only was he invading my space, but he kept trying to take my spoon and put his chicken nuggets in my soup. As my frustration grew, he lovingly put his cheek on my cheek to be close, then turned his head and gave me a soft kiss. If that didn't melt my heart, he stood up, turned around and gave me such a long and warm hug around my neck. I then realized, I didn't need to get mad at him, he just loves me and wanted to be close. Even though he knew I was so frustrated with him... he still showed me love.

I LOVE THIS KID!

10 comments:

Jillyboo said...

Its hard to not feel badly when we let ourselves get frustrated with our kids. But they know how much we love them, frustration and all. Just wait until he's 2...
He's a cutie.
And let yourself stay on that medication as long as you want. If its working don't mess with a good thing!

THE PETERSEN FAMILY said...

HEY! We found you! I know we could always call or come visit but this blog thing is now my new best friend I think. I just set up our site about 1 week ago and already it has been wonderful. Your Parker is so dang cute! I can't believe he is so big already. Love every moment with him because when the next one finally gets here (which isn't very long), you have to share your time and energy with the new one too! This is the only time in your life you will have only 1 kid!
I would love to keep in touch with you guys and miss you as neighbors! I'd love to get together this summer. Keep in touch!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Why do I relate to this post? I totally do! I can be so annoyed by my kids and they will just cry and want to be held. They love us unconditionally, no agenda, nothing. They just want to be with us. I'm sorry your nausea is so bad! Miss you guys!

Henich Family said...

Oh my goodness how cute! He is so darling! Let me know if you need anything!!!!

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Wow, you guys are just adorable!!
We had no clue you were prego again?? Congratulations!! Sorry it has been so long since we have gotten together, we are hoping to come down this summer, hopefully we can all get together.
If you want to check out our blog it is adamandleeshawickern.blogspot.com.
Love you guys

Leesh and Adam

Amanda Hardman said...

that's too precious!
yeah...totally neat about you, alicia, and me!

Shane and Becky said...

Okay,I can hardly stand it, he is so cute. These melt your heart moments are what it is all about. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon. Love, Beck

Unknown said...

What a joy it is to read the comments of my children regarding their children. You are such a good mom and Parker reminds me of Dave and Mark when they were little. One time I was throwing up when I was pregnant with Dave and Mark came up and patted my back as I leaned over the toilet and said. Mommy, It will be okay. Don't worry. I cherish those memories.

kgirlsmom said...

I love that story. It reminded me of when I was pregnant with Kiersten. I was so miserable and ornery. I remember sitting one day with my head in my hands, just crying. Kaelyn, who was 2 1/2 put her arm around me and said, "It's okay Mommy, Jesus loves you!" Yeah, even though pregnancy has it's miserable moments, being a Mom is the best!!!!!

kgirlsmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.