Saturday, February 21, 2009

Who couldn't love these boys?

Their new "brother" thing to do is play in Garrett's crib together. Garrett absolutely ADORES Parker.

Melts me everytime. And yes, that dark area on his shirt around his tummy IS drool. He is my drooly baby. He is always making bubbles and eating his hands. I think he might be teething already, but we shall see.

Little Einsteins is one of Parker's favorite shows. I love that he watches this show cause it teaches him so much about music (he sometimes beats his dad at naming instruments) and his vocabulary is so much bigger from it. What 2 year old knows what a Petroglyph and what metamorphosis is? He knows that this picture has the rings of Saturn in it? Are you kidding me? Who's kid is this? If Parker turns out to be some genius when he grows up, I can't take any credit for it. Thank you television for educating my child. What would I do with out you?

P.S. At what age does this cheesy/fake smile go away?
This picture illustrates why we call Garrett "chunk a lunk."
Parker is getting so old. I just want to slow time down or on the other hand, maybe I want to speed up time so we can by pass the rest of the terrible twos and most likely threes and go straight to four. Any potty training tips? Potty training terrifies me. I don't want to deal with it. But I've got to. He is ready and I can't miss this window of opportunity. I'll take any advice.

I love these boys with ALL my heart. Being a mom is the coolest thing in the world. Hearing Parker calling ME Mommy and telling me he loves me and watching Garrett's face light up every single time he sees me makes everything worth it! I love you Parker and Garrett. You are MY boys for eternity and I am so proud of it.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I am so not in a hurry to potty train! I just imagine it being a NIGHTMARE! We're not too far behind you! You'll have to let me know what works (or doesn't!).

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

YAY! You posted again :)
Well, my dear I cannot offer any advice on the potty training, but what I can do is telling how stinkin adorable your boys are! We need to come visit you guys again. We are going to be going to Provo in March, maybe we can meet up!? We hope you guys are doing well!

Jillyboo said...

I feel you on the tv thing. Try Leaprogs Letter Factory. We bought it for Luke and he use to watch it constantly. Ella was not even quite 2 and all of a sudden she knew all of her letters and their sounds! Way to go TV, I love you!
And I still quiver when I hear the words potty training. I hate it. Hard kids or easy.. its still a nightmare. But you gotta do it, good luck. We kept our kids naked so they could know better when it was time. Most importantly stay calm, dont get upset if her has accidents. If he feels pressured or stressed out it will take MUCH longer.

R Clan said...

Oh...They are are very cute! I just love their eyes. Being a mother can be so rewarding.

Carrie said...

Your boys are adorable. I love the picture of Garret with his tounge out. Darling. The cheesy smiles never go away, I still can't get mine to stop. Good luck with potty training. Just go for it and don't let it make you nervous, you will love it when it is over!

Jodee said...

Oh Garrett is getting so chubby. Your boys sure are cuties :) But you already knew that!

Shane and Becky said...

Oh, those boys are so adorable!!!They play so cute with eachother! With the potty training thing...well each kid is different. Bradley was 3 and 1/2 when he finally mastered it. And he mastered poop before pee -opposite of the norm. Girls are way different than boys and often master it earlier. Bottom line is not to stress, give tons of positive praise for the good and not be to hard on the accidents. It's most important for him to feel good about himself in the process of learning and he will eventually get it. Hang in there.